Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Take a Look Tuesday! The Historic Struggle

I have a friend named Rob who loves the Civil War. Yep, the bloodiest conflict in American History is basically his girlfriend. I know it's not every one's cup of tea, but his blog is also an excellent example of what you can pull off on blogger. I even take some tips from him on that front. Want a good read or just a good example? Check it out as I break it down bellow:



Rob and I both went to college are Carson-Newman in East Tennessee, but he is originally from here in Georgia. The guy fits most stereotypes of people who follow the Civil War closely, aside from Racism, alcoholism, living in a trailer, and dipping. Okay, he drinks and dips. . . sometimes. Whatever. It's beside the point. He has a Bachelors in History and a Masters of Arts in Teaching, so dude knows his stuff. 

While I am not personally a huge fan of Civil War history, it does occasionally barge into my life as a Georgia resident. He also covers some local Georgia politics, which reminds me we have politics. I hate writing about it so I am glad he enjoys it. 

He occasionally barges into my field (Theology), but it's usually okay stuff so we'll forgive him. Check out some nice features of his blog's home page:

Some comments via "Awesome Screen Shot"
He has a lot of features I should probably have, but I am incredibly lazy. His blog has class. That is it looks great, and the content is great. A specific audience also helps bring in the crowd, but they don't get bored since he covers some other topics. "History" after all is fairly broad. . .

1. A home page that isn't a blog. It's great for specific audience blogs like Rob's. I like my content to show up first, but that's because my blog is all over the place. 

2. A great custom lay out. Spend time on your blog and it will feel more like a website. (The custom domain also helps)

3. He knows his stuff. If your content is crap then so is your blog. Period?

4. He establishes himself as an author with his bio. Why do I trust him? Because of his experience.

Thanks for the good reading Rob, and keep up the good work! Check out the blog here: The Historic Struggle

2 comments: